April 01, 2023
Technology has become an integral part of our lives, so much so that it is impossible for us to spend even a day without the internet. One day without computers is like stone-age for us commoners, but for online businesses, it is far worse than this. For online businesses, technical disruptions are equivalent to financial loss.
How does one get by with such disruptions? Especially when they can hamper earnings. Well, there are a few ways by which businesses steer away from such losses.
- Backing Up: It’s no wonder that there are back up services offered by companies. Backing up your data is the most secure way of keeping your business process going during times of disruption. Businesses should not make the mistake of underestimating the power of backup since no back up would directly affect their sales during downtime situations.
- Get a Recovery service from a service provider: There are companies that provide recovery services, where they guarantee sure your business is always up and available, even during catastrophes. Getting a DR plan ready from a renowned service provider is half-the-battle-won for businesses. We have already written how to plan a disaster recovery strategy? Let us take a look at why you need to test your DR plan:
- Understand the needs of your business: Understanding your business requirements makes things easier for one to derive a DR plan. There are applications in a DR plan and you need to know which applications are critical for your specific business. Testing your business plan will help you make sure your data is recoverable and also ensures that the service provider is quick on their feet.
- Calculating costs: DR plan requires investment. But comparing your business loss during downtime to the investment will give you an idea of which applications are critical to your business and which ones to keep operational. This way you can determine the roadmap of your DR plan.
- Keep Testing: Keep a track of the changes in your business, your test plan should always be in line with the business change. A well-updated test plan ensures your documentation is continuously backed up in line with the changes in your business. However small or big your business is, investing in the right data protection plans will keep your business away from financial disasters. So, always have a data protection plan to keep your businesses from facing unnecessary downfalls.