March 23, 2023
When an organization reaches a certain point, where its needs accelerate, it has to make a choice between building a data center or outsourcing IT requirements. In a greater range, Small and Mid-sized Businesses (SMBs) have tried their hands at data center outsourcing due to its benefits over building and maintaining an in-house infrastructure.
According to a survey of Fortune 500 companies conducted by Forbes, the count of data center outsourcing has increased significantly because of its given advantages. However, in India, companies still doubt when it comes to giving entire IT infrastructure under an IT service provider's control. While their mission-critical applications remain to be managed internally, outsourcing non-critical application is on the rise. But in the recent times, analysts have seen a swift increase in the adoption of outsourced IT infrastructure services by those who have started realizing the core benefits of the solutions. Here are some advantages of outsourced IT services over managing all the data internally.
- Cost-effective :The most known benefit of outsourcing data center is its cost-effectiveness. Of course, it cuts down the additional expense of equipment maintenance, IT labor, physical space and other overheads. The overall cost of the data center is already worked in when you choose outsourced services, unlike in-house data center where you have to spend a good deal of money.
- Uptime assurance :Outsourced data centers need to stand by the SLAs (Service Level Agreements) that is a series of agreements that requires the company to comply with the requirements to ensure infrastructure reliability. In addition, the service provider not only assures to reduce server failure, but also keeps the environment secure from online threat, theft, and physical damage.
- Flexibility and agility :Building an in-house data center is a slow process and expensive. It'll take years to run a full-fledged data center. Outsourced IT facilities is far convenient as you can instantly get all the things done and your server up and running.
- 24x7 Tech Support :If something goes wrong with your servers, you'll have to invest both your time and money to get things all right. But with the counterpart, you'll simply have to give a call to the tech support and get your IT issues solved.
- Increased focus on business :With all that said, you can focus more on your core competencies and achieving your crucial and immediate business targets rather than fixing technical problems. When you outsource your IT services, you tend to give away the responsibility of maintaining your server and its requirements. This gives you more time to deal with your immediate business.