March 24, 2023
e-Commerce sites are the main target spots for online hackers as these sites are source of numerous bank information, credit/debit card details and other personal information which can be misused by these criminal minds for Therefore, a robust security protocol is the most important characteristic for an eCommerce website/entrepreneur. Keeping eCommerce business protected from external threats need a thorough anticipation to build a 360 degrees network security for the eCommerce website.
Below are few great tips to keep eCommerce business secured from any external threat risks
- SSL certificates: SSL certificate is a sign of a trusted website as it establishes a secured communication or transaction between the user and the eCommerce site. Moreover, Payment Card Industry PCI compliance will put additional trust as it's a set of international standards for credit/debit/online payment merchants. Therefore, your eCommerce website with PCI compliance will guarantee the users for secured transaction.
- DDoS Security: Distributed denial of service is a common cyber attack where the user is diverted to some malicious websites and even by mistake if the user click on these virus infected sites, it breaches into the user's device allowing remote access to their device and data. It may ultimately corrupt, damage or even steal the mission critical business data. So eCommerce retailers are always recommended to have a DDoS protection tools to prevent against DDoS attacks.
- Strong passwords: It's necessary for the eCommerce retailers to maintain security for confidential data of it's users. By using alpha-numeric characters as password will strengthen the security settings. A complicated set of characters in the password make it difficult for hackers to reach /encode account.
- Address and card verification system: The eCommerce retailers should also incorporate an address and card verification system. It will add a layer of security into the transaction process which will avoid any forgery or counterfeit access.
- Set alerts for any suspicious activity: The eCommerce retailers should choose to set alerts for suspicious activities. These alerts will immediately notify the users if there is any non-trusted activity in the network so that the security team can take quick actions. Apart from the aforementioned security tips, eCommerce businesses should integrate a regular site monitoring system to identify vulnerabilities (if any) and to fix them spontaneously. This should be regularly executed to ensure 360 degrees ecommerce data security.