Smartphone is the most handy device through which important communication is possible and it empowers the individuals to remain connected to the world. Now even banking services, online shopping and all important transactions are possible through one touch on our smartphones.
Today mobile phones sell more than the laptops. At the same time, the theft cases of mobile phones are also very frequent, more than any other article/monetary theft. And once the mobile phone is lost, you are likely to loose all your personal data.
More than often, users do not password protect their mobile phones which one should minimally do to protect critical data stored in the smart-phone.
Here are the 5 steps to Failure proof mobile security
- Use Strong Password: The first and foremost security measure to protect your mobile device from any threat risk is to use a strong password to lock your device. The password should be known only to you to unlock whenever required. Avoid using names, birth dates etc. you can also use random invisible patterns to lock your device.
- Beware of adwares: Many a times, you must have noticed some sudden ad pops up in middle of some activity on your phone. Never click on such ads even by mistake as these adware are the most malicious elements which can invade your device and corrupt it, or steal the data and send it to remote hackers.
- Anti-virus Applications: To prevent any virus attack, install anti-virus application only from a genuine source like play store in an android phone and iTunes app store in iPhone etc. Never download/buy any app from non-trusted sources.
- Latest updates is the key to mobile security: Every day, new malware, spyware and virus are generated to breach your phone OS or application security. To beat them, updates are available. Installing the latest updates of the applications and OS will not only keep your phone protected from any threats/risks, but it will also add new features to your device.
- Turn GPS off and Encrypt: Usually, data from user's end to a server is not encrypted, this poses risk of intrusion by cyber hackers, so it is advised to turn off GPS when not in use, so that the hackers can not track your phone. Besides, encrypt your valuable data like login details, bank information etc. with VPN (virtual private network) services. This will encrypt all your internet communications and keep your sensitive data protected.