March 23, 2023
Information Technology is growing fast and the more it advances the more it sets security risks for businesses. For businesses that depend solely on website based transaction, cyber-security is of huge concern and genuinely so these days. The Business Today report states 76% of Indian businesses have been victims to cyber-crime in 2018 alone. The report also claimed that India was the third highest in cyber-attacks in 2018. The number is so serious, it has become a ‘Must’ to protect businesses from these kinds of attacks.
Why does cyber-security matter so much?
As we previously mentioned, about 76% of businesses have experienced a serious security breach in the past. Cyber-security is of much concern for businesses that generate revenue through websites and online presence only. A security breach in such cases can have devastating effects on businesses causing huge losses and even reputation damage.
Here are a few things that might happen if you compromise on your computer security
- Unsecured computers mean hackers have access to your data without any hurdles.
- Business operations are completely stalled until the problem is fixed. More downtime means less revenue.
- Damage to reputation, since customers data is at a risk.
- Time is hampered since the time taken to restore everything back to normal is high.
All of the above means that the businesses are at a loss of time, money and every their reputation are at stake. Losing the trust of your customers is the biggest price you will pay and it is not easy to gain back the trust once lost.
Here are the signs that you need to look out for
Luckily there are signs that give prior intimation of a potential cyber-attack or malware in your computers.
- Your internet or local connection is always slow. This can be a sign of connectivity issue but can also be a service attack if it stays for prolonged periods.
- If you have an anti-virus installed on your computer, it will send notifications regularly. (The reason why you need to invest in a good anti-virus software)
- Increased number of pop-up windows for no reason.
- Being directed to websites that you did not intend to visit.
- Request for permissions to make changes to your computer.
If you are experiencing any of the above signs, make sure you secure your computers from potential hackers.
How to keep your computers secure?
Certain necessary steps are to be taken to secure your computers from the damage that is about to come.
- Keep your systems up to date whether it is the operating systems or any other software.
- Always opt for anti-virus or anti-malware systems. These programs act as the first line of defense in case of an attack.
- Use the latest and only authorized software for your computers.
- Encrypt your data. Keep track of who has access to your data and how much.
- Check form firewall services from your Data center providers
So, here is everything we could think of for your data protection. Always make security a priority when it comes to online businesses.